Located in Raleigh, NC, our company is experiencing rapid growth. We are a fast-paced manufacturer of heavy mobile equipment fire suppression systems and seek a Business Development Manager - US, to be responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals. The ideal candidate will have industrial sales experience and manage relationships with distributors, end users, and equipment dealers globally. We sell to industries such as mining, forestry, waste, oil & gas, and other safety-oriented industries that use heavy off-road equipment.
- Continuous research and development of distributors in new and current markets that result in sales and growth in said markets
- Qualifying leads and prospecting daily using various methods of communication such as, but not limited to, LinkedIn, phone, email, Salesforce,
- Sales support, sales calls (virtual and in person), site visits and engagement with current and prospective clients.
- Ability to represent AFEX at a corporate level by presenting the brand to new and current distributors, end users, equipment dealers, and to different departments within customer organizations that contribute to winning the deal and ensuring the product is presented at a professional level to all key decision
- Acknowledgement and engagement of industry partners that play a key role in the sales
- Develop, coordinate, and implement plans designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities.
- Strong commitment to the use of our CRM tool, Salesforce, using current sales experience and skills to better assist in pushing opportunities through the pipeline to close win.
- Constant contact with key players (prospects and current) in industries served (like O&G, mining, and forestry) on a regular basis.
- Trade show preparation and participation engaging current and potential
- Travel: 40% - 50% required
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4-6 years of industrial sales experience (heavy equipment sales a plus!)
- Must understand how to effectively manage time, travel, and workload.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be entrepreneurial in nature, able to take initiative and contribute to the company
- Be able to transition from corporate office environment to a factory environment and to hard hat/steel toe field environment with ease and
- Proficient with a CRM system, preferably Salesforce
- Must be authorized to work in the United States